Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Presentation Invite and Back Home


Howdy! On Saturday Oct 20th we will be having a bbq and I will be giving a presentation about my walking trip to Seattle. This will be taking place at my friend Lori's house in Sacramento. If you plan to attend, please send me a private message and I will provide you with the exact address. 

BBQ and drinking will start around 4pm. This will be potluck style, so please bring meats and snacks and salads and drinks and yummies. Also, there's only one bbq at Lori's house. It would be immensely helpful if someone could bring their grill over to help with cooking of the meats. 

At dusk, around 6 or 7 pm, I will start my presentation. It will be a slideshow and I'll talk about why I took the walk, tell some stories that didn't make it into my blog, Q&A session, and discuss my plans for the future. I promise to entertain and hopefully inspire.

Please beware that parts of my presentation may not be very kid friendly. Not because of my liberal use of four-letter words, but because I will be talking about some adult themes that you may not necessarily want your younger children to hear about. Not anything sexual, just shit grown ups have to deal with. I think teenagers are probably fine to hear what I have to say, in fact they would probably benefit from it. Younger kids? Well, I'll leave that up to your discretion, I'm just giving you a heads up. 

Please RSVP if you can make it. I hope to see as many of you as possible there! Thank you everyone and thank you Lori for letting me do this at your place! 

Speaking of Lori, my sister from another mister, I can't thank her enough for all of her help during my trip. She helped manage the Facebook Page while I was on the road, and drove all the way up to Seattle to come get me and bring me back to Sacramento, and then drove me all the way home to Gardnerville, NV. I have no idea what the fuck I would do without her! Here's some pics from the day I got home. Enjoy!

Lori on the Left, Dena on the right

And of course, the day I get home we have, yet again, another spectacular sunset. I swear we have the best sunsets here in Gardnerville, if not the most. Funny thing is, most of these were taken facing east.










Someday I'll learn how to use the focus....


5 comments:

  1. Man, I wish I could make it and join in the festivities! As you know, I live in LA now and will only be up there this next week and then again around Turkey Day and most likely Christmas. I feel like I haven't seen you in forever. My number is the same. I'll try and call when I'm up there this coming weekend.

    -Paul R

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah no worries, man. Good luck down there!

      Delete
    2. Dude, I have the grand daddy of stories about a recent bonus round that has crushed my previous record and is by far my best bonus round story of all fuckin time! I'll call you this weekend.

      Delete