Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Days 50 thru 53 Salem to Vancouver

Not too many pics in this one. But there is a cool video of me crossing into Washington! The sunset ones are from the night I left Eugene. The rest were taken while leaving Portland. Enjoy!










Riverfront trail in Portland. 

Again, I seem to always underexpose my shots. Not sure what's up with that.

The bridge I took across the river in Portland, not the one that goes into Washington.

Boats doing boat stuff

After crossing the bridge.


How unfortunate it must be to live on this street....

Bike path to the bridge crossing the Colombian river into Washington.


A sign and a hotel.







Thank YOU, Oregon! You were cool as fuck!





15 comments:

  1. Wow, Jim. You are a very impressive person. You've made it so far! I think about where you are at everyday. If my cell phone service isn't great here, I'm sure yours is iffy sometimes too. Be safe! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. good stuff ya made it to Vancouver!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Ron! Thanks so much for everything! And dude, the video was possible only because of the extra battery you gave me. FUCKING RAD!

      Delete
  3. Hallelujah! Lol
    I'm so happy for you! How do you feel???

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the way, thanks for the new screen savers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA You're welcome! Thank you so much Agent A! I feel tired. Exhausted. But I'm almost there!

      Delete
  5. Jennifer Hall-DavisAugust 8, 2012 at 1:21 PM

    I read that sign as: NOT FAILING. Indeed.

    love the video of crossing the Columbia!

    Thanks for posting....these are awesome days!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jennifer Hall-DavisAugust 8, 2012 at 1:27 PM

    Seeing you say "WASHINGTON, BITCHES!" was even more heartwarming to me than seeing a roomful of nerds erupt into spontaneous hugging because they landed a piece of equipment on Mars. Your journey is no less impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesomesauce, Jimbo!! I cannot believe you have been trekking for 54 DAYS now!!! Mad Props!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is it really 54 days? I hadn't even thought about how long he's been out there. Awesome stuff Jim. Gonna have to start planning your next trip soon. Life won't be the same with no JWTS blog post to come home to.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Angie! Yeah, it's been a long haul for sure. Coulda done it much quicker, but there were several multi-da stops, and about 7 days off in Alsea Oregon.

      Delete
  8. Tualatin misses you homie. Walk safe.

    ReplyDelete