Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Days 55 thru 60

Not much to report on this post. I'm really tired and am in a lot of pain. Right now I am hanging out with my friend Cain in Olympia. Gonna chill here for a couple days then have him drop me off at one of the ferry terminals on Saturday morning for my final day. So yeah, I will be cheating a bit on my last day, but honestly, I don't give a shit because my body is just tore the fuck up. If anyone wants to give me shit for that, then go ahead and walk 15 to 20 miles a day nearly everyday for 45 to 60 consecutive days in a row, then you can come to me and call me a pussy. Until then, shut the fuck up. I'll be arriving at the Space Needle on Saturday the 18th, sometime in the late morning or early afternoon, if you want to meet me there. I'll be taking plenty of pics and video of the day and my arrival, as well as live, turn by turn, updates on the Facebook page. In the meantime, here's a few pics from the last week or so. Enjoy!


View from the top of Green Mountain, coming out of Woodland. This mountain was small and short, but extremely steep. Probably the steepest set of hilss I climbed the whole trip. Straight up, and straight down. I didn't really expect to run into something like this at this point of the trip. It pissed me off and really fucked up my whole day. I had planned on doing twenty miles, but could only manage about 12 miles because of this stupid fucking hill.

Kalama, WA


Camp Jimbo at Lewis and Clark Stae Park, Toledo WA



19 comments:

  1. Jim, you have no reason to justify yourself at all. You have accomplished an amazing feat, and I commend you for doing what you set yourself out to do. I haven't had a chance to comment until now, but I have been reading your posts. As far as I'm concerned, you did it! Feel proud!!
    -Greg Sahnd

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Greg! Great to her from you!

      Delete
  2. Jim, you've done something amazing. Like Greg said, you have nothing to justify. I'm simply proud to say you're my friend and can't wait to see what comes next! Enjoy your rest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Much appreciated Brian! I'll be having a decompression party at Lori's house sometime in Oct where I'll be giving a presentation and making an announcement of what I plan on doing next. Hope you can make it!

      Delete
  3. Your are still kicking so much ass! - Stacy Hayden

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd like to see someone try to give you a hard time, honestly. Watching all of us on your team tackle them would be hilarious. Someone like that isn't fit to drink your bath water!!!
    Enjoy your rest, you've earned it. So proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oops...dis is koshka :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks Koshka! Glad you got my back! Now get my front, please...

      Delete
  5. Who Cares what people think. It is what you want to do and how you want to go about doing it. If you cheat a little or if you decide that you will just go ahead and finish it by your original means-I will "Woooo" for you the same way!!! Proud of you Jimbo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wish I could be there for the finale Jim. Three states is a bit of a long day trip from here though. If I lived up in Seattle I would have booked you a brass band, some fireworks, strippers, and possibly some midgets in rodeo outfits riding tricycles, all awaiting your arrival at the space needle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really know what turns me on old friend! haha Thanks for everything!

      Delete
  7. I hope this 'big announcement' isn't that you're getting a sex change - I'm already booked in so we can get it on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry brother. You'll have to stick with lube and self provided happy endings. I can't get a sex change. The doctors said I was too perfect of a male specimen to fuck that all up...

      Delete
  8. I have so enjoyed keeping up with your whole journey. I love love love all the great pictures and your stories. It will be something for you to remember years from now and will probably enjoy it more then than now. You have accomplised a great deal and you should be proud. I know I am. Are you planing on staying in Seattle or are you going back to Nevada?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very very much! I'll be headed home after a week here in Seattle. Not sure if I'll be in Nevada or Sacramento, though.

      Delete
  9. Congrats you sum bitch! Glad you reached your goal and lived to tell the tale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mark! Keep yer eyes peeled, I'll be having a party/presentation/announcement party in Oct. Great to hear from you buddy!

      Delete