Friday, August 3, 2012

Days 46 thru 49, Oregon Coast to Monmouth OR

More pics from the coast and on to this morning. It was great hanging out with my friend Anji and taking a break, but it's nice to be back on the road again. I really just want to push through the last leg of this walk as quick as I can. I'm hoping to arrive at the Space Needle on Saturday the 18th. Sunday would be fine, too. Oh, and by the way, my friend Anji is a bad ass artist of many mediums including tattoos, rock and bone sculpture, and painting http://resonanteye.net/. Now for some pictures, Enjoy!


These didn't really come out like I was hoping, but they're still kinda cool anyway. Trying to learn how to shoot into the light.


This is why I need a zoom lens


Now it's time for another set of way too many pictures of a sunset. I tried to narrow this down as much as possible, but I have a hard time deciding which ones I like the best, and which ones are "correct". I prefer the ones that are a bit under exposed, but there are qualities to the ones that are exposed correctly, or even over exposed. When I get back home I need to learn some photoshop skills and work with blending images of varying exposures.




At first I didn't like this one because of the shitty angle, but I really like the color of the sand. As I was posting this to the blog, though, I realized that it's actually kinda cool how the shape of the beach gives it a sort of wide angle lens feel to it. 

Now if this ain't the perfect picture for some dumb ass Great Expectations ad, then I don't know what is.


Look! A seagull!


















On this, and the following images, I adjusted the "color tone" in the settings. 






Took this laying down on my side on the side of a cliff.












Look! Another seagull!

Look! A seagull completely out of focus!

Leaving Corvallis. Highway 99


Took a slight detour onto this road, then took no pictures of the detour or the road.

it's nice to know that even in the boondocks there are reasonable people out there.

Destination acquired 

Camp Jimbo at Sarah Helmick Stae Park, Monmouth Oregon

This morning





Alright bitches. Skyrim. What is it?



"City" is a bit generous in this case. I'll give it a "town"

16 comments:

  1. Another set of beautiful pics. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. jennifer hall-davisAugust 3, 2012 at 2:52 PM

    These are amazing...no photoshop needed! Carry on. Still enjoying the view from here!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jennifer! And my God! Thank you for the donation!!!!

      Delete
  3. Spec-bloody-tacular. Keep up the good work Jimbly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pic 5th from the bottom. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that HWY 99 runs Canada to Mexico... i am on thst road most days, dude. I feel ya! thisle? nature's buttplug. also, the out of focus seagull was masterpiece, i thunk. great progress on yer journey. i look forward to these snapshots and da great dialogue. Brilliant. you are a lucky man!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Keith! See you soon!

      Delete
  6. hey Jimbo!!!! still amazing me!!! what is the day you are planning on arriving to the space needle? CHAD JAYSON

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shootin' for the 18th of August. Thanks Chad!

      Delete
  7. Personally, I like the out of focus bird! :) Among many of the other ones!

    ReplyDelete