Friday, June 29, 2012

Days 7 thru 15, Bordertown to Eagle Lake

Whew! It's been a whirlwind of adventure and emotion this last week. Lots of ups and downs. Thank you to everyone that has supported me thus far on my trip. Lots and lots of pics and a few vids on this one. Enjoy!

The diner at Bordertown gave me a $25 dining credit for my camp site getting wet from the sprinklers. Damn right I got the steak!

Sunrise at Bordertown

Almost took this dirt road, but there was a locked gate with a no trespassing sign. Had to walk back about a mile to get back to the main road
Northbound in the southbound lane on 395 coming out of Bordertown
road kill

Took a nice one hour break here. A couple of cute girls told me about the shoe tree down the road


If I were in Skyrim, what kind of plant would this be?

The Shoe Tree


Just past the bottom of this hill is where I camped out for the night.

 

Landscapes like this make me wish I was a cowboy in the Old West






Lama ranch off 395. Somewhere between red Rock Road and Doyle, CA



If I were in Skyrim, what kind of plant would this be?


This place was a bit rundown, but the hospitality was top notch! They let me stay in a mobile home, gave me a ride to the store, and may be able to hook me up with free lodging in Klammath Falls

Light fixtures were old bombs. COOL!


The mobile home they let me sleep in.



Check out this cool kitchen! Pink and blue!






Morning at Windbreak Trailer Park



Come on people! Let's network this and find this poor cow's owner!




Camp Jimbo at Honey Lake Campground

camp kitty

Ted; proprietor of Honey Lake Campground. Coolest dude! 

Honey Lake Cantina







I didn't take any pics or vids while in Susanville. The next series of pics/vids is leaving Susanville, and onto Highway 139.

Whelp, here goes nothin'!



Oh thank God! Steak for the next six miles!

Camp Jimbo a couple thousand feet down from Antelope Summit. I think it was on BLM land.

Good morning 139

Another really long, boring, flat road. 

If I were in Skyrim, what kind of plant would this be?


If I were Ansel Adams, I would kick this landscapes ass with a full frame camera

Ok, it's hard to see, but way on the left side you can see a little notch going into the mountain. That's the road, 139, that I came in on. From the other side of the mountain. Pic is taken from a big hill I'm climbing. You'll see more in the video coming up.

Squirrel dude chillin' out

This is much more interesting than my photo capabilities can capture

Eagle Lake!



Time for a chill break.

Sunset over Eagle lake















Camp Jimbo at Eagle Lake




Found this little Gem on my way to Eagle Lake RV Park

Camp Jimbo at Eagle Lake RV Park



18 comments:

  1. Very cool update Jimbo. Looks like you are finding adventure on every turn. Love the pink kitchen in the trailer.

    Keep on Truckin Man,

    Monte

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you keep comparing the flowers you find to the plants in Skyrim :D I also laughed pretty hard at "Oh thank god! Steak for the next 6 miles!" What you're doing is beyond cool. Go Jim, go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CC, thank you so much for reading my posts! Glad you enjoyed the Skyrim bits haha. Hopefully I don't run into any dragons or trolls, because all I have with me are a small steel knife and a hunting knife, neither of which possess any magical properties and only do about +3 damage :(

      Delete
    2. If I had any enchanting abilities whatsoever, I'd send them your way. If you have matches though, you may be ok in the event that you run into a troll. Then you get all his loot!

      Delete
    3. Awww thank you! I actually walked through Skyrim today! it was an off day because a good friend of mine drove up to visit me, and we went out and had some fun. Keep yer eyes peeled for another post soon of today's events! Thanks again for following along!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey jim ive said it before and will probably say it a lot more, this is so fucking cool!!!

    by the way the third plant (i think third?) the one with the purple flower spikes and starburst like leaves (palmately compound if you must know) that is lupine. dont eat it!

    im sure you have covered this but i have not been diligent about keeping track of your posts and i would like to know how long you estimate this will take?

    are you gonna try and see anj in oregon?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to hear from you Joby! I guestimate this trip will take about two months. There's no rush or schedule though. I am going to see Anji for sure. I want to try and hang with her for a few days, maybe a week. I'll have to catch her when she's not road trippin' somewhere though. She can be difficult to get in touch with sometimes. I also need to get a hold of Cain, in Olympia. I'd love to see him.

      Delete
    2. Oh, and dude! Thank you so much for the donation! Really appreciate it my friend!

      Delete
  5. You're getting a great tan, Jim. Great pictures! I love the RV park!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eric! thanks buddy! Hope you're doing well sir!

      Delete
  6. Dude This is totally awesome and inspiring what you are doing!

    Thank you - Thank you - Thank you for posting end sharing your adventure, I know I've never met you in the meat-world but if I were somehow able to, I'd really like to be able to meet you for a pit stop on your journey. I'd promise to have some cool water, a pack of whatever your smokes are, some nice warm food and a tent I could pitch next to yours where I could keep you up all night with my snoring.

    Who know's maybe next time.

    Godspeed good sir, I'm looking forward to your next update.
    . . .
    I used to be an adventurer like you ya know... back before I took an arrow to the knee.

    All the best
    -Anothergoddamnanon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAHA thanks brother! Great to hear from you! Not sure what part of the world you're in, but you're more than welcome to come and hang anytime, man!

      Delete
  7. So damn proud of you dude! Safe journey. Wish I was going with ya. May the wind be at your back.

    Paul R.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paul! Send Chief wind-in-his Pants my love!

      Delete
  8. WOOO!!! I love that you are doing this!!!! The pics are awesome!! Dude, you shaved!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angie! Yeah the beard had to go. The wind kept blowing it into my mouth (commence dirty jokes).

      Delete