Sunday, July 1, 2012

Day Off at Lassen National Park

My good friend Paul Fletcher came up for the weekend to hang out and keep me company. I've known him since 1996(ish)! He showed up at Eagle Lake RV Park Friday night. Saturday we headed for a day trip to Lassen National Park. I'd never been there before so it was pretty exciting. Of course, he tricked me into doing a "short" hike that actually turned out to be pretty vigorous. I think we walked through Skyrim! Luckily no dragons showed up. I had a great time today, Paul! Thanks for coming out! Pics and video tell the rest. Enjoy!
   


Paul arrived with an apartment






Paul

Add caption

If I were in Skyrim, what kind of plant would this be?

















































If I were in Skyrim, what kind of plant would this be?

If I were in Skyrim, how would I kill this fucker for making me go on this crazy hike on my day off?









The rest of these are pictures Paul took with his camera, and he took some damn fine shots!


Chipmunk!





Winking Chipmunk!

















I slipped on the trail and totally fell on my ass.






15 comments:

  1. Bumppus Hell! Haven't been there since I was a kid. How are you going to cut through Oregon? Just up the five?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brian! It was amazing there! Right now I'm in Adin CA, and I'm going to make my way through the Lava Beds National Monument on my way to Oregon. Going through Oregon, I'll be headed up Highway 39, which becomes 97, then cut westward via 58 or 20 into Corvallis. Then from there it'll be the roads that more or less parallel I-5.Great to hear from you Brian!

      Delete
  2. Nice pictures! Sure looks a lot like Yellowstone with some of the thermal features. We will have to visit Lassen NP someday. Coty has never been to California, and I've only been once when I was 8-10 to San Diego. Looks like you had a good time! Keep the updates coming, Brooke, Coty and I look forward to them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stef! Actually, thanks for everything! You guys really should come to CA sometime.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you kind sir! Post cards are on their way. Sorry for shaving my face off, I hope it doesn't ruin your photoshopping hobby haha!

      Delete
  4. Wow! That's a hell of a bonus round!

    Paul R

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was 3 free spins, but a twelve times multiplier haha

      Delete
  5. So many ways of awesome Paul was able to come and hang out with you!!! I looooove the fact you spent your day off hiking up in the elevation, haaahaaa...what a work out! Bet you slept like a baby :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He did! But only after a warm bot-bot and a fresh diaper.

      Delete
    2. We ended having to get a seedy motel room in Susanville because it got too damn late to set up camp. Slept hard, but not long enough. Well worth the lack of sleep!

      Delete
  6. You shaved the Epic Beard? Cool pictures of Lassen. Rock on Jim!!!

    Monte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Monte! Yeah, it had to go. The wind kept blowing it in my mouth (no, that didn't sound dirty at all...).

      Delete
  7. I had been avoiding this post because I didn't want to see everything I had missed out on! And yeah....WOW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha Dude, we'll totally go back there again sometime, so you'll totally have to come with us!

      Delete