Monday, July 30, 2012

Days 40 thru 45, Dexter Lake to Alsea, OR

Not too many pics of my walk in this post. I'm staying with my friend Anji, who lives in Alsea Oregon. Taking a little break from the walk. We went out to the coast on Saturday. The Oregon coast is one of the most visually awesome places in the world. Rugged, tough, and beautiful. Enjoy!


Finally leaving Highway 58

Like the sign says, Welcome to Eugene

The only pic I took after leaving Eugene. Taken at "magic hour", when the light turns everything into a golden glow.

My friend Anji driving us to the coast

A bridge

The ocean

















A bunch of photog fags with their fancy fucking equipment ruining my shot 




Photographic proof that I drank a Pepsi on a beach on the Oregon coast








This is my favorite shot of the day




I was trying to sneak up on these birds with funny looking beaks. But they were on to me and having no part of it.





A small cave

Inside the small cave

Failing at that whole "taking a pic of the outside from the inside of a cave" picture.





Devil's Churn. Watch the video at the top of this post and read the description.


Ok, way too many shots of the sunset at Devil's Churn. There's a few nice gems in here, though.


















































18 comments:

  1. super bad ass!!!!!!!! I cant believe you didn't make a skyrim joke with the small cave pics. LOL
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, there weren't any giant spiders or gangs of bandits or anything haha

      Delete
  2. The Oregon coast - rugged, tough and beautiful...
    Just like you Jim :)

    Smashin' pics. I'll be stealing a few of those.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful shots mang. Got your postcard..scanned it, will post on SG soon. Link you to the post when it's up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please tell me you will write a book about the journey....and perhaps include the introspection. We are rooting for you in SoCal, dude!

    Mizzus Ghouls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mrs.G! Miss you guys a lot. I do have some plans in the work when this is done. In Oct my friend Lori is gonna through me a "decompression party" of sorts, and I plan on making a little presentation and an announcement about what I have in store for my next adventure of idiocracy. Would really really really love it if you guys could make it. It'll be in Sacramento and on a Saturday.

      Delete
    2. If i am in town, I will be there. Perhaps you might do the same presentation at my place in Vegas? That would make you a touring lecturer, you know.

      Delete
    3. Eric, you know I would LOVE to visit you in Vegas!!! But hopefully you'll be in Sacto anyway by the time we do this. Safe travels, my friend!

      Delete
  5. Inspiring. Continue to travel well.

    Mr. G

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Damn straight! p.s. insomnia is a real bitch!

      Delete
  7. You let us know date and time and we will do our darnedest to be there! Mizzus G.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AWESOME!!! So far we know it'll be early to mid October, and on a Saturday. Should have the exact date figured out sometime in September, and I'll let you guys know. Thank you!

      Delete