Monday, July 23, 2012

Days 38 and 39, Oakridge to Dexter

Ok, how many days have I been in Oregon, part of the great Pacific Northwest, and STILL no coffee house! Went to a diner and grabbed an omelette, and there was a cool bar next door, ran by Greg and Shannon. I ended up hanging out there for a few hours and had a few beers. It was jam night. A bunch of locals jamming out old blues and classic rock songs. I had an awesome time! Big shout-out to the bartender Ashley for being way cool!
http://www.dexterlakeclub.com/home.cfm

Also met a bunch of cool cats next to my campground this morning. They're reggae musicians on tour. Their next stop is in Sacramento.





Well, would ya look at that! My elevation dropped about 4000 feet over the last two days. Brutal!

Camp Jimbo on Goodman Creek Road, Willamette National Forest



Goodbye forest!


Being all touristy at the Lowell Covered bridge

Damn dams!

Good food

Good people and good times!

The nightclub scene in Animal House was filmed here.


Camp Jimbo at Dexter Shores RV Park in Dexter, Oregon


10 comments:

  1. YOU CAN DOOOOOEEEETTTT!!!!! ~ Jackpot Corndog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, sir! Trying to get to Eugene today. I'll email you my phone number, in case you might be able to come up with something for me.

      Delete
  2. I'm a little disappointed that we're leaving the forest. Can't we just pop back in for a couple more days?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Watch out for them Eugene hippies. . . More importantly, get ready for some patchouli friend.
    Safe travels - Anothergoddamnanon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The biggest problem was staying in a house with three very hot girls. It's so frustrating to be an ugly piece of shit sometimes haha. Fucking hot college girls everywhere and I can't do a damn thing about it!

      Delete
  4. The woods pictures are amazing! Animal house bar....wild man. Looks good up there! Fester 916

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the bar was an unexpected and awesome surprise. Thanks Chris!

      Delete
  5. Jim this is awesome!! I have been following your trip from the start, and I just want you to know how cool what you are doing is! You are a good man! I thought about doing something similar once. i wish I could meet up with you and grab some coffee with you. Sasha and I moved to LA and she is talking up a storm, is fully potty trained, is happy and is smart as hell! :) We love you Jim!

    Stripe and Rue A.K.A James and Sasha Woodard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. James! Awesome to hear from you! Thanks for following along, really glad to hear you guys are doing good!

      Delete